Starter maintenance method
1. The starting time of the machine shall not exceed 5 seconds each time, and the restart shall be stopped for 2 minutes to restore the battery.If there are three consecutive starts, stop for 15min after checking and discharging faults.
2, in winter or low temperature when starting, should take corresponding measures, such as battery insulation to ensure that the battery has sufficient starting capacity, hand engine for pre-lubrication.
3. After the engine starts, the control circuit of the starter must be cut off immediately to make the starter stop working.In addition, the outside of the starting machine should be kept clean, each connection wire, especially the battery connection wire, should ensure that the connection is firm and reliable;When the vehicle travels at 3000km, the commutator should be checked and cleaned to remove the carbon powder and dirt on the surface of the commutator;When the vehicle travels 5,000-6,000km, check the wear degree of the test brush and the pressure of the brush spring, which should be within the prescribed range;Disassemble and maintain the starter once a year.
Starter maintenance steps
First, cut off the power supply.(remove battery positive connector)
Two, remove the connection of the electromagnetic switch, the engine in the car body of the two fixed screws, the engine from the car.
Remove the two fixing screws fixing the stator and rotor and pull the stator out of the body.
1. Rotor maintenance
The rotor head position (with flywheel) can be extracted from the sleeve, grease is added to the slide of the flywheel, grease is added to the sleeve, and the rotor tail position is commonly known as the "copper head" (copper head is the joint point with the carbon brush), can be lightly ground with fine sandpaper, waiting for entry.
2. Stator maintenance
The stator has 4 sets of coils, 4 carbon brushes, and 4 pressure springs on the carbon brushes. The carbon brushes are removed from the pressure springs. The combination surface of the carbon brush and copper head can be lightly ground (in an arc shape).
After completing the above steps, composite installation can be carried out.
1. First, insert the stator (shell) into the rotor.
2. After the back cover is covered, pull up the carbon brush pressure spring, put the carbon brush in and tighten the carbon brush screw.
3. Tighten the two fixing screws for stator and rotor (pay attention to the balance of the two fastening screws, tighten them gradually, otherwise the rotor will not run smoothly).
After the fourth step, you can rotate the flywheel by hand, test whether the rotor is rotating smoothly, if not, and adjust the two fastening screws.
Five, after the maintenance of the starter installed in the car body, fixed, connect the electromagnetic switch line, connect the battery line, complete.